kalen tenderness tierney (aka tender) is a person (also known as a multispecies assemblage) navigating the world in a gender expansive practice, working at the intersection of somatics, meditation and social/ecological justice. tender is a facilitator, educator, ceramicist, queer philosopher and builder for social change. they are currently studying the history of bodies, ecology/queer ecologies, the Great Perfection tradition of Tibet, western esoteric traditions, trauma, and somatics. they are a student, sharer, space holder and collaborator rather than an expert. They are currently a student in a generative somatics cohort and working on finishing the Somatic Experiencing three year training in 2023. tender has been mostly living in the Pittsburgh area since the early 2000’s when they moved there to pursue a degree in philosophy with a focus on queer theory. Over the previous decade tender has worked with various groups to combat social and ecological injustice, including their work with Braddock Tiles and as a core member of WHAT’S UP?! Pittsburgh. tender is invested in working for the total liberation of all beings. They live with their canine companion in a 1960 Airstream camper, travel and are currently spending their time in Southern Vermont, Pittsburgh, and elsewhere. tender loves wild blueberries, the ocean, rocks, trees, sky, animals, tea, far out theory conversations, fire, reading and being in the forest.
- Awaken Pittsburgh– mindfulness educator 2018-present
- WHATS UP?! Pittsburgh- white racial justice facilitator, and agitator. 2013- present
- Braddock Tiles 2013-2018
- Konbit Shelter 2010-2014
- Somatic Experiencing three year professional training 2021-2023
- generative somatics- White Racial Justice Organizers cohort 2020-2022
- Embody Lab Somatic Attachment Therapy certificate Program 2022.
- Meditation guide training 2017 and ongoing